The Alpine Outrig Jacket offers a unique and unexpected perspective on winter protection, overall utility, and classic style. Through its face fabric combinations of wool and full grain leather as well as thoughtful exterior storage pockets married with rich trims, this piece offers a nostalgic outward expression and a highly technical interior aimed at keeping alpinists warm and dry during snow filled days on the mountain. The construction of the Alpine Outrig Jacket, with its embedded hood, exaggerated drop tail, and waterproof membrane, provide the user with maximum range of skiing motion and total on-mountain comfort.
Warm, Dry & Protected
- The Alpine Outrig Jacket is a skiable peacoat, built for cold weather environments.
- Heavyweight, water repellent wool for warmth and a 10k/10k membrane to keep wind, water and snow out of the interior of the jacket.
- Underarm venting for instant temperature regulation.
- Water resistant pockets at chest and waist for easy access and dry storage.
- Powder skirt.
Quality & Durability
- Full grain, water repellent leather panels at shoulders for added durability.
- Backed by a lifetime warranty.
- On-mountain trial: Put it to the test in the mountains for 100 days and return it with no questions asked if it does not meet your standards of quality, craftsmanship, or durability.
Designed by Tradition
In iconic destinations such as Chamonix and St. Moritz, winter sportswear was born: adopting influence from the practical military uniforms of the era.
Blending a water repellent wool exterior with an interior 10k/10k waterproof membrane, the Alpine Outrig Jacket presents a nostalgic exterior that performs as a highly technical outerwear piece. With thoughtful consideration given to each detail, the Alpine Outrig Jacket is sure to keep alpinists warm and dry in even the most trying alpine conditions.
With a fit reminiscent of your favorite peacoat, the Alpine Outrig Jacket is a stylish and protective on-piste essential that can transition easily to après in the city center.
Chamonix and the Vallée Blanche
After a brief stop in Grenoble and at the tail end of a week-long storm that hit the region, we settled in Chamonix for two days of skiing we'll never forget.
Skiing on the Edge in La Grave, France
An excerpt from author Rob Cocuzzo on skiing La Grave in the footsteps of Doug Coombs, the late legendary skier